Denise Mack Photography provides candid wedding photography coverage in the Minneapolis, St. Paul/ Twin Cities area ~ and beyond. Available for travel/ destination weddings; Please inquire for a customized travel quote. Twin Cities wedding photojournalism services begin at $3700. Photography Gift Registries are available.Please contact me for details ~ I look forward to hearing from you!


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Twin Cities Pregnancy Photos: One Hot Mama! - DMP Baby-Bumps



My sister, Kim, is due in May! We had a unique opportunity to play around with some studio lighting for a baby-belly photo shoot. I was a little out of my element, as I have never worked with this style of photography before. I thoroughly enjoy "photography on the fly" - chasing moments and expressions, with my trusty Gary Fong Light Sphere adhered to my top-mount flash for added light when needed. The studio owner, Gil Dignen, was very kind, and very helpful. (Thanks, Gil, for the mini-session!) I learned quite a bit that day, and I had a lot of fun playing with my camera in the varied light conditions/options. I also was still able to enjoy thinking of creative and unlikely angles and points-of-view by which to take some of the photos. We met Gil through a good friend who had recently taken a studio-lighting class, taught by Gil.
Thanks again for this experience!
Kimmy has many wonderful photos from all of us, to cherish for a lifetime!
The following are favorites that I took that evening. So many favorites! Some are my famed "fun and funky", others are elegant... I just couldn't narrow it down any more than this!!



































No comments:

Post a Comment