Denise Mack Photography provides candid wedding photography coverage in the Minneapolis, St. Paul/ Twin Cities area ~ and beyond. Available for travel/ destination weddings; Please inquire for a customized travel quote. Twin Cities wedding photojournalism services begin at $3700. Photography Gift Registries are available.Please contact me for details ~ I look forward to hearing from you!


Friday, May 21, 2010

Denise Mack Photography - Defining Style - Authentic Twin Cities Wedding Documentary


When I went into business for myself in January of 2007, I can recall a family-friend asking whether sticking to my passion for candid documentary, and avoiding trying to wear all hats asked of me, might limit the amount of business I obtain... My answer was sincere, "Yes. It probably will. But, I will look forward to each booking that I do earn by being true to myself, and I won't have to question whether or not my clients will be pleased with the outcome! I'll know that they hired me for what I love to do."

My most thrilling achievement this season - has been the sheer number of interested parties who have wedding plans that feature many personal, meaningful, and out-of-the-ordinary details. I'm finding that while my 'target-market' is smaller, it is out there. When we discover one another, and connect, there is a spark ignited that electrifies the excitement in both directions! Those who seek out my services recognize that there are also fewer photographers out there who really strive to imaginatively tell the couples' stories through bona fide photojournalism, rather than their own story via unnatural poses and simulated drama. For my patrons and myself - it's a win-win!

My work has been described by a friend and client as follows: "Denise is a visionary photographer and artist who has got a style all her own. She gives wedding photography a well-needed breath of fresh air."
This is by far my fave description! Now, in turn, by continuing to follow my heart and passion, I get to eagerly look forward to a number of wedding shoots in the upcoming season, incorporating refreshingly unique venues, personal touches, distinctive inclusions that mean something to the couples, and will undoubtedly make for fun and photo-worthy memories (for them, and for me!)

While I've attempted to use varied words and descriptions to adequately express my style, I've come to realize that less is more. In other fewer words, I'm going to let the photos do more of the talking! (And my clients!!)

Many thanks to all of my clients, past and present. I've enjoyed many exceptional experiences, and am excited to take part in those still-upcoming as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment